Minecraft offers a great entry point into the world of architecture. Regardless of your build or game mode, players have to meet many of the same constraints of real architecture. From use of space to aesthetics, Minecraft offers a great place to explore harmony, asymmetry, and other architectural design principles.
Trampoline achievement in Minecraft: Bounce 30 blocks upward off a slime block - worth 15 Gamerscore. Find guides to this achievement here. This amazing browser games combines elements of the iconic Minecraft game, together with simple and engaging tower defense strategy. With typical pixelated Minecraft graphics, this game is truly inviting and anyone who loves the original will find this tower defense version addictive! Let's Play Minecraft Tower Defense Ep. 1 'The Island - Part 1' - w/ TrunksWDLet's Play Minecraft Tower Defence Ep. 1 'The Island - Part 1'Minecraft Tower Def. Find the best Minecraft servers with our multiplayer server list. Browse detailed information on each server and vote for your favourite.
The best part is that you get to see your designs come to life, exploring them from inside and out, and making changes wherever you want. The second best part is that moving a wall you put in a bad place won’t cost you anything!
Check out our architecture courses for kids here!
Once you’ve created an architectural masterpiece, why not put it to some use? Stage a play, go on an adventure, or just stage a zombie apocalypse. Here are some project ideas to get you started:
1. A Colony On Another Planet
From icy fields to barren deserts and volcanic mountains. Biomes like the mesa can have an almost other worldly feel. You can generate your own worlds in creative mode or just fly around until you find a biome ready for a new colony. Think about how your colony will get their food and protect themselves for the elements.
- Spacecraft Build Challenge: What would it take to build a spacecraft with everything an astronaut needs to survive? Add a launchpad to your colony and start building. Try making a list of each item astronauts might need (for example, air or food) and then building a system in your spaceship to provide it.
- For Future Astronauts: Really into space? We are too! Future astronauts should check out Kerbal Space Program (not Minecraft related) to learn about building and flying spacecraft. You might also try Galacticraft —a Minecraft space exploration mod.
2. A Futuristic Greenhouse
Try your hand at making a futuristic greenhouse. This is the perfect chance to learn some new redstone farms and build your very own garden utopia. Will your greenhouse focus on aesthetics or automation?
- Plant Diversity Challenge: Find one of each Minecraft plant to include in your garden. You will need to pay attention to the needs of each plant—mushrooms, sugar cane, and wheat all grow in different environments.
3. A Theater
Making your own Minecraft theater can be as big or as little a project as you want. From the puppet show to the opera, theater comes in all shapes and sizes. What type of theater will you build?
- Robotic Puppet Show Challenge: Try downloading ComputerCraftEdu and using beginner Turtles to make a puppet show. They can be programmed to move on, off, and around the stage. They can easily be given lines. Convincing your “actors” to coordinate and work together will definitely be the hardest part.
4. A Tree House
Find a jungle biome. And build. It’s that easy. Get creative when it comes to stairways, passageways, and more. Soon enough your little treehouse will become a tree village.
- Treehouse Theme Challenge: Give your treehouse village a raison-d’etre. Why did your inhabitants move up into the trees? Maybe the ground has flooded because of global warming, or dangerous mobs roam the ground below. Design and build your treehouse to deal with whatever catastrophe is facing your Minecraft world.
5. An Ancient Temple
- Pick an ancient style. Think the ancient’s architecture leaves something to be desired? What can you do to improve on their design?
Ancient Temple World Tour: Take a world tour and celebrate history by building a temple or monument for different times and places. Make sure you include a temple from each continent. Check out this awesome list of temples around the world for ideas.
6. An Underwater Palace
Build an underwater palace. Or fortress. Or submarine. Wait. What are we going to do with all this water? I guess it’s time to get some squids for pets.
- Underwater Royalty Challenge: Imagine a VIP coming to visit your underwater palace. What would they need to feel comfortable in your underwater palace? Build everything you would need in your underwater palace to host visiting royalty and VIPs.
7. A Minecraft Museum
Make a Minecraft museum. Fill it with your own works of art, or artifacts from the Minecraft world. Try making a video tour of your museum using OBS.
8. A Minecraft Castle
Castles come in so many shapes and sizes. One great way to pick a theme is to let the blocks guide your choices. Peruse the creative inventory and check out all the awesome options. Are you thinking what I’m thinking? Time to make a sand castle!
- Castle Defense Challenge: Include some trap and defenses in your castle. Once you’ve finished invite some friends to try to storm the castle or spawn mobs outside the walls and defend the castle from within.
9. A Famous Building
Try building your own version of the Eiffel Tower. Time to go to vegas meme. Or start with an image search for famous buildings. Find your inspiration and bring it to life in Minecraft.
- Tower Monument Challenge: Build your own famous tower design for your city. Your tower might not be famous yet, so think about ways to make your tower the most famous tower in the world. What unforgettable design will make your tower monument go down in history as one of the greatest buildings ever!
10. A Minecraft Roller Coaster
Building your own Minecraft roller coaster is a fun and easy activity. You will need to know a little bit about how redstone and rails work. Make sure your coaster has a cool theme, great views, and a scary drop or two.
Minecraft Tower Defensewatermelon Gaming Tower
- Amusement Park Challenge: Amusement parks are super fun! Choose a theme for your amusement park. The wackier and more unusual, the better. Iguana Land, Space Ship Cruiser Land, and Rock-n-Roll Land would all be awesome amusement parks. Start with your roller coaster, add some concessions, a boat race track, and parkour course and you’ve got your very own amusement park.