Follow these easy steps to turn an image file, such as a PNG or JPG file, into a PDF: Click the Select a file button above, or drag and drop a file into the drop zone. Select the image file you want to convert to PDF. After uploading, Acrobat automatically converts the file.
- How To Make A Paper Document Into A Pdf
- How To Make A Document A Pdf File
- How To Make A Document A Pdf
- Search options:
- The two printers have two default names, ' docPrint PDF Driver ' and ' docPrint '. A user can print printable documents to ' docPrint PDF Driver ' to convert them to PDF, PS, EPS, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, and PNG. With printer ' docPrint ', users can convert any printable document to more than 50 formats.
- Convert a Pages Document to PDF file to use in Preview on Mac. Convert a Pages Document to PDF file to use in Preview on Mac.
- Although many different file formats can be combined into a single PDF (Word documents, graphics files, Excel tables, existing PDF files, etc.) in many cases it may be easier to first import your files (especially with graphics and tables) into a Word document, and then use the resulting Word document(s) to be combined with other files.
Displaying the Search/Find Window Pane
How To Make A Paper Document Into A Pdf
When a PDF is opened in the Acrobat Reader (not in a browser), the search window pane may or may not be displayed. To display the search/find window pane, use 'Ctrl+F'.
When the Find window opens, follow these steps and refer to Figure 1 below:
- Click the small arrow on the right side of the box.
- Select the drop down item - 'Open Full Acrobat Search'.
There are several ways to search for information within a PDF document. These include the following:
- Basic Search
- Advanced Search
Basic Search Options
To execute a basic search request complete the following steps: Nnxt auto map samples examples.
- Type your search term(s) inside the 'text box' where you are asked: 'What word or phrase would you like to search for?'
- Click the 'Search' button to execute the search request.
Advanced Search Options
To get to the Advanced Search feature, click on 'Show More Options' at the bottom of the search window pane.
Brief explanation of the options available in the advanced search are:
- Match Exact Word Or Phrase - Searches for the entire string of characters, including spaces, in the same order in which they appear in the text box.
- Match Any Of The Words - Searches for any instances of at least one of the words typed. For example, if you search for each of, the results include any instances in which one or both of the two words appear: each, of, each of, or of each.
- Match All Of The Words - Searches for instances that contain all your search words, but not necessarily in the order you type them. Available only for a search of multiple PDFs or index definition files.
- Boolean Query - Uses the Boolean operators that you type with the search words into the What Word Or Phrase Would You Like To Search For box. Available only for searching multiple PDFs or PDF indexes.
Note: You cannot run wildcard searches using asterisks (*) or question marks (?) when searching PDF indexes.
Click 'Use Advanced Search Options' near the bottom of the search window pane to display the advanced search information. To execute an advanced search request complete the following steps:
- Type your search term(s) inside the 'text box' where you are asked:'What word or phrase would you like to search for?'
- Select an option from the drop down menu for 'Return results containing:'
- Click the 'Search' button to execute the search request.
Sample Search Request Using Advanced Search Options
For the purposes of this example, steps are provided to illustrate how to execute a search request for finding information about diazinon and kaolin in a PDF document. Assume that a PDF document is opened in the browser. If the search window pane is not displayed, please refer back to 'Displaying the Search Window Pane' for assistance.
The Search Criteria
Below are the steps to be followed for completing a search request to find information about diazinon and kaolin. Refer to Figure 2.
- Click 'Show More Options' near the bottom of the search window pane. (Step 1)
- Select 'Match Any Of The Words' from the drop down menu for 'Return results containing:' (Step 2)
- Type 'diazinon kaolin' inside the 'text box' where you are asked: What word or phrase would you like to search for?' (Step 3)
- Click the 'Search' button to execute the search request. (Step 3)
The Search Results
In this example, the search results produced 10 items in the PDF document for information about diazinon and kaolin. See Figure 3 below.
Setting a Preference for Displaying the Advanced Search Option as the Default
How To Make A Document A Pdf File
- Select 'Edit' from the menu option at the top-left of the computer screen.
- Select 'Preferences'.
- The Preferences popup window is displayed.
- Under Categories: select 'Search'.
- Refer to the 'Search' section and check the box 'Always show more options in advanced search'.
- Click the 'Ok' button to save.
Document Printer provides two virtual printers on Windows computer. The two printers have two default names, 'docPrint PDF Driver' and 'docPrint'. A user can print printable documents to 'docPrint PDF Driver' to convert them to PDF, PS, EPS, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, and PNG. With printer 'docPrint', users can convert any printable document to more than 50 formats. The printer 'docPrint' will lead the user to a Graphical User Interface (GUI) which can manipulate printing settings for saving printer ink, toner, and paper.
Document Printer also provides a Software Development Kit for software developers. With Document Printer SDK, developers can build their applications and implement the functions of Document Printer.
- Windows 2000 / XP / Server 2003 / Vista / Server 2008 / 7 / Later Operating Systems of both 32-bit and 64-bit
Convert documents directly with virtual printer
- It offers a virtual printer named 'docPrint PDF Driver' that supports any printable document. You can print documents of Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other printable files to the virtual printer and convert them to PDF, PS, EPS, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, and PNG.
Adjust document page properties with GUI
How To Make A Document A Pdf
- With printing documents to the other virtual printer 'docPrint', you will get a GUI that can adjust the page layouts and printing settings before converting the document to the target format. Additionally, this virtual printer supports more than fifty target formats.
Comment and annotate pages
- In the GUI activated by virtual printer 'docPrint', you can add stamp (image), text note, lines (pencil line, beeline, rectangle and ellipse) to the pages, and change transparency degree of annotation. You can even draw any shapes to annotate the pages.
Features of Document Printer
- Install two virtual printers for converting and creating documents.
- Print any printable documents from Windows applications with printing function.
- Out formats include PDF, PS, EPS, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PNG and more than 50 other formats
- Support resolution of 72, 75, 96, 100, 120, 150, 200, 300, 600, and 1200 DPI.
- Multiple page on single sheet for saving paper – Print one, two, four, eight, or 16 pages on a single paper sheet.
- Option to customize watermark, header and footer on pages of converted files.
- Scale pages to different paper sizes, such as A4, B5, Letter, etc.
- Preview GUI for manually manipulating pages before printing.
- Able to rearrange page orders and remove pages with preview GUI.
- Option to copy printed file to the clipboard in bitmap format.
- Save ink and toner by reducing ink density or printing quality.
- Create multipage images in GIF, TIFF, DCX, MNG, PDF and PS.
- Set page margins of converted files.
- Rotate pages 90, 180 and 270 degrees of created files.
- Combine multiple document printing jobs as a single printing job.
- Add comment and annotation before printing (converting) documents. It supports:
o Add stamp (image), text note, lines (pencil line, beeline, rectangle and ellipse) to printed pages.
o Change transparency degree of annotation.
o Move, copy, delete and paste any comment.
o Add annotations to tamps, notes and drawings.
o Set comment color and filled color.
o Add arrows to beelines.
o Change line thickness.
o Set levels of overlapped comments.
o Lock and unlock comments.
Note: Document Printer (docPrint) requires appropriate applications installed in your system to send associated files to its printers. For example, Microsoft Office or other office suite software is required for converting Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents; Adobe Reader or other PDF reader is required for converting PDF files; Windows Internet Explorer or other web browser is required for converting HTML pages; and so on.
Features of Document Printer SDK
- Codes and APIs for full control of Document Printer.
- Embeddable and redistributable in developer's software.
- VC++, Visual Basic, Delphi, C+, PHP and ASP examples for developers.